Tips To Minimize Construction Waste In Simple, Cost Effective And Practical Ways
In London, United Kingdom construction waste materials are generated in large manner. These waste materials should be taken care to be disposed of in a safe way. Here are some tips to Minimize the Construction wastes.
Contractors can minimize on construction waste by:-
- Build to standard dimensions. Building projects may offer the chance to use building materials supplied in standard measurements. The less you have to adapt or cut, the less wastage you will incur – not to mention the time and effort saved. Framing layouts can be planned to use standard wood lengths, for instance. Standard dimensions also make it easier to reuse any materials you have left over.
- Making available proper storage facilities for all materials that have been purchased for specific project. Ensure storage facilities are safe, secure and waterproof. When materials are not properly stored then it is possible they will get damaged and ends up as accidental waste costing you more money.
- Having one person handle all purchases avoids surpluses.
- Ensuring that all protective packaging is not tampered with before they are needed.
- Avoid over ordering Purchase sand and gravel in bulk bags rather than in loose form – this way you can transfer unused material for the next project.
- Re-channel unused materials for another project that is in storage. Re-channelling unused material for other projects will cut down on costs.
- Dismantle buildings rather than knocking them down increases what can be reused.
- Recycle waste. Companies have invested in a mini crusher-screener machine which crushes old bricks, block and concrete into aggregate for use for under new roads and paths.
What about hazardous materials? Disposal should be a last resort for most materials but the only resort for hazardous waste. Secure a chemical waste company that may handle any hazardous substance on your construction site. Guidance from you local council and other legislation gives you the legal framework on how to ensure the construction site is safe for habitation.
How to get all staff on board with your waste management policy?
- Site induction and toolbox talks are excellent opportunities of raising awareness on waste management policies.
- Give incentives to your staff on waste management. By sharing part of their profit, construction companies may consider giving a bonus particularly generated from the implementation of the waste management policy.
Contact Quickwasters In London for Construction Waste Clearance Services. Quickwasters are the best in Rubbish Removal activities in London. To Know More Visit – https://www.quickwasters.co.uk/